Outdoor lighting is one of the most important aspects of your home’s curb appeal. Not only does it provide safety and security, but it can also enhance the look and feel of your property. If you’re looking for some new ideas to add interest and light to your home’s exterior, here are three different lighting to consider.
#1. Garden Lights
Garden lights are a great way to add some extra light and interest to your landscaping. You can choose from solar-powered options that will automatically come on at night, or you can wire garden illumination that will need to be connected to an electrical outlet. There are also battery-operated garden illumination that give you the flexibility to place them anywhere. Garden illumination come in a variety of styles, so you’re sure to find something that fits your taste.
- Solar-powered lights
- Wired garden lights
- Battery-operated garden lights
- Choose the type of garden light you would like to use.
- If using solar-powered illumination, place them in an area that will get direct sunlight during the day so they can charge.
- If using wired garden lights, connect them to an electrical outlet.
- If using battery-operated illumination, place them in an area where you would like extra light.
#2. String Lights
String lights are a popular choice for outdoor lighting because they’re so versatile. You can use them to line your walkway, wrap them around trees, or even hang them from your porch or patio. String illumination come in a variety of styles, including traditional incandescent bulbs, LED bulbs, and even solar-powered options.
- String lights
- Choose the type of string light you would like to use.
- If using traditional incandescent bulbs, plug them into an electrical outlet.
- If using LED bulbs, plug them into an electrical outlet or use batteries.
- If using solar-powered lights, place them in an area that will get direct sunlight during the day so they can charge.
- Hang the string illumination in the desired location.
#3. Post Lights
Post lights are a classic choice for outdoor lighting, and they come in a variety of styles to fit any home. Whether you’re looking for something traditional or modern, there’s a post light to suit your taste. Post illumination can be powered by electricity or solar power, and they can be placed on the ground or mounted on a wall.
- Post lights
- Batteries (if using solar-powered lights)
- Choose the type of post light you would like to use.
- If using electric post illumination, connect them to an electrical outlet.
- If using solar-powered post lights, place them in an area that will get direct sunlight during the day so they can charge.
- Place the post illumination in the desired location.
- If using solar-ability lights, place batteries in the illumination so they will work at night.
These are just a few different outdoor lighting ideas to consider for your home. With so many options available, you’re sure to find something that fits your style and needs. Don’t forget to take into consideration the type of light bulb you’ll need for each fixture, as well as any wiring or installation that might be required.
If you’re not sure where to start, consult with Blingle! in North Fort Worth, Texas to get the best advice for your lighting. Once you have your new outdoor lights in place, enjoy your beautifully lit home!
Have some ideas of your own? Share them with us in the comments below! This is just a general overview of ideas. For more specific instructions, please consult an expert. Thank you for reading!